Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shrimp Tacos Anyone? by Martha 4.28.10


I know it's not time for recipe of the week, but this has to be one of my family's favorite recipes. I just had to share it now! If you like fish (or not, cause you can't really taste the shrimp) then you will definitely LOVE these!

Shrimp Tacos

2TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2C precooked shrimp (I buy the mini frozen shrimp bags)
2C black beans (rinsed/drained)
1C salsa
Feta cheese
8 Corn taco shells

Place olive oil in large skillet over med/high heat. Add precooked shrimp and heat until thoroughly warmed through. Add black beans and salsa. Continue to heat, mixing thoroughly. Cool mixture slightly and add feta cheese (I just placed mine on tope of my taco after everything was added) Spoon mixture into tacos and enjoy! YUMMY! So fast, so easy, and perfect for summer! Hope you like'm!

5 comments:

  1. do you have a good way to detox your body of sugar or how to ride yourself of the cravings?? that's all i want all day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a detox before but what works for me is to go 7-10 days with completley no sugars or processed foods and my body really stops craving them. Use natural sugars from fruits to get your fix. Hope it works for you. Just always know you're not alone on the sugar craving dilema. -Cali

    ReplyDelete
  3. k...so i did a little twist on these and OMG delish! i used the cold shrimp from costco in a party tray.
    1TBSP EVOO
    8 shrimp diced up into bite size
    2 slices avocado
    1/4 c. black beans rinsed (not cooked)
    tortilla
    1tbsp greek yogurt
    soooo freakin good. havin' it again today! wooohoooo
    thanks for the great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shrimp is totally taking me out of my comfort zone of eating but I'm going to try these tonight. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sugar cravings are always hard. If you get the Clean Eat cookbook by Tosca Reno she will give you ideas on what sugars you can have. I use organic white, brown and powder sugar. I also use whole wheat flour when baking or oat flour (just grind up rolled oats to powder form). Then you can still have all your fav treats, just without the guilt! It's all about substituting the bad for the good. Other good substitutes are applesauce, honey, cocoa, etc. I'll post some sweets you can bake to help you out! Sorry, that was a lot of info!
    -Martha

    ReplyDelete