Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cali's yummy food 4.20.10



I took my own advice and made the "recipe of the week" tonight for dinner and it was delicious!I love Turkey Muffins! Hope you all try it soon. Here what today looked like for me....

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal w/cinnamon & 1 TBSP flax seed
Meal 2: preworkout-NO SHOTGUN
Meal 3: protein pancakes smeared w/ 1 TBSP Naturally More peanut butter
Meal 4: protein shake w/ red pepper
Meal 5: 3 turkey muffins with spinach salad & balsamic vinaigrette
Meal 6: 2 wasa crackers w/ 1 TBSP Naturally More peanut butter
Treat: handful of dark chocolate chips (if you know me, you'll know I have to have a treat almost everyday :)

My sister found the BEST peanut butter and shared it with me. Thanks Quincey, I love it! It's called, Naturally More. And oh is it ever! It contains: roasted peanuts, wheat germ, flax seed, cane sugar, egg whites, honey, & flax seed oil. Nutrition Facts: 2 TBSP Calories: 169 Fat: 11g Carbs: 8g Fiber: 4g Sugars: 2g Protein 10g! It also contains Omega-3 & 6. Above all it tasted divine! She got it at Walmart in Las Vegas. I haven't looked here but if I find it I'll let you know and you do the same. Thanks for listening!
Food for Thought: If you don't get enough fat, you'll crave carbs because the body turns carbs into fat." (Aim for 20%-35% of daily calories from fat)

2 comments:

  1. I made the turkey muffins and they are so good! They have such great flavor. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! Enjoy! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete