Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Martha's Insane Plyo/Back/Abs Workout 5.5.10

This workout I did is pretty intense. Feel free to modify where necessary (not so much weight I think for most of you). Remember, form is KEY! If you have bad form, you need to modify the weight or just don't do the exercise until you know you have good form. You can always ask a trainer at the gym if they think what you are doing is with good form. That is FREE. Alright ladies...here we go!
Warm up on bike for 10min (had it at level 8 and would pedal to the beat on my ipod. Every chorus I double-timed my pedaling)
Circuit 1 (3x)
pullups (10,10, and then 5 cuz it was the round the clock one)
Circuit 2 (3x)
Seated bent over flys (used a free weight machine and had 5lbs on each side) - 15 reps
Used a half ball and did the biggest loser move from last night. If you saw it, you know what I mean...so you have your feet on the outsides of the ball, then jump onto the ball then jump off so feet are back on the outsides of the ball and sit into a squat. Repeat 20x.
Abs on a mat - different each time for a set of 40.
Circuit 3 (3x)
Cable rows with a knee up. Used 15lbs w/ a set of 10 on each arm.
Abs using one hanging abs strap. Put my feet into it and attached it to a cable. Sat on a bench and did 15 crunches with 15lbs weight.
Hands on a bench and jumped (2 feet at the same time) from one side to the other for 20 (10 each side)
Circuit 4 (3x)
Another biggest loser move from last night. Jumped OVER 2 boxes then jumped ONTO last box which was higher than the other 2 boxes. Jump off the last box and go straight into a squat hovering over the last box for 20 sec. Repeat 5x.
Dead lifts with 90lbs
Decline bench oblique twists holding 25lbs
Circuit 5 (3x)
Hanging abs (10-15 each set)
Wide leg squat, jump up and clap your feet together without letting them hit the ground, then fly straight into the squat again (10-15x)
Seated cable rows at 70 and 85lbs (12reps)

I'm wondering if you want me to post some photos of a few of these exercises each time I post a workout. Would that be helpful for form (and to get what I'm talking about)? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Happy workout!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is Rindy's cousin Jennie, I met you at the gym last week. Anyways, I would love it if you could post pics of some of the exercises. I want to make sure I am doing the right motion and form. That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see what I can do! Thanks so much for the feedback!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete