Monday, April 19, 2010

Recipe of the Week 4.19.10 Cali's Turkey Muffins

I love turkey muffins because they are so simple and pre-portioned for you. Not to mention they taste fabulous and they're packed with protein and carbohydrates. They are great for on the go or for a nice meal with the family. My girls love them!

Preheat oven 350 degree
Combine in large bowl:
1 package (raw) Jeanie O. 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey (I think it's 1-1.5lbs)
1 cup old fashion oats
15oz can diced tomatoes (I like the roasted garlic or cilantro flavored tomatoes)
1 zucchini grated (I've used squash too and it works)
2 egg whites
season with whatever you like (I use Mrs. Dash-I love all the flavors)
(You can get creative with these, add whatever veggies you like)

Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Spoon meat mixture in 12 muffins evenly. Place in oven for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy! 3 muffins makes a serving. When I serve this we usually just have veggies drizzled with Olive Oil or a nice colorful salad. I've even eaten them cold on the go and they're great! I hope you like them. Happy cooking and eating!

3 comments:

  1. Do you cook the ground turkey first? They sound good, I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm giving them a try for sure! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't cook the ground turkey until you've mixed everything together and spooned it into your muffin tin. Good question. Hope you love them as much as I do! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete