Monday, April 19, 2010

Cali's Monday workout & diet 4.19.10

Today was a tough day to "get back to it." Monday workouts can be a bit hard when you've fallen "off the wagon" like I did. We've all done it. Too much sugar! But the past is the past and it's time to buckle down and eat clean and workout hard.

Remember...water, water, water! If your hungry all the time, try drinking a full glass of water and waiting 10 minutes and see how you feel.

Meal 1: 1/2 oatmeal with 1 TBSP flax seed
Meal 2: preworkout; NO SHOTGUN
Meal 3: chocolate protein shake (mixed w/water) 1 apple
Meal 4: Tuna Sandwich:
1 can light tuna mixed w/ 2 TBSP Greek Yogurt & pinch of Chile pepper
100% whole wheat Sandwich Thins (by Oroweat)
with spinach, tomato, pepper
Meal 5: 1 cup Greek Yogurt w/ handful of sliced strawberries & 1 TBSP flax seed
Meal 6: Turkey burger wrapped in lettuce w/ tomato & spicy mustard
Treat...Family Night! Ice cream with the kids :) Yummy!

I worked my shoulder this morning along with some glutes and quads.

Warm up on elliptical for 10 min. (Love watching Live w/ Regis & Kelly:)
These circuits should be done 3 times each and with speed but still using perfect form. I rest in between only long enough to lower my heart rate.

Circuit 1:one-legged dead lift on smith machine (squat rack where the bar is attached and slides up and down)
side lateral raises 10 lbs - 15 reps
over head press 10 lbs - 15 reps
bent over flys 10 lbs - 15 reps
jumping squats 30 reps
standing calf raises until failure

Circuit 2:
up right row 30lbs - 15 reps
standing lunges 30 lbs - 10 each leg
jumping lunges 30
forward raises 10lbs - 10 each arm
push ups 20
run in place 60 seconds
crunches on ball 40

Circuit 3:
later bench jumps 30
push up (concentrate on shoulders, on toes!) 20
one legged lunge (back foot rests on bench) 15 each leg
bicycle crunch on bench 40
lateral flys with machine (as heavy as you can go)
jumping jacks 50 (I do these as fast as I can only moving my arms like a lateral fly, not over head)
calve raises with toes out, ballet style, until failure

I finished this workout with 15 minutes on the staionary bike with the medium to high tension. Happy workout! Let me know if there you have questions. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. hey send me that turkey burger recipe. that sounded yummy today. thanks for biking with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kill me! lol! I'm so glad we met. You're an awesome chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey just trying to be like you!!
    but, i tried your tuna and greek yogurt idea.....WOW....so much better then regular tuna. my kids are loving all these new foods!
    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete