Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Egg Eating! 4-6-2010

Hey it's Cali! How was your Easter? Ours was fabulous! If your house is like ours right now you've got about 4 dozen hard boiled eggs just staring at you every time you open the fridge. Just think...protein, protein, protein. Each egg white has almost 4 grams of protein. It's cheap protein too! I have been using them for my snacks and meals. I have them on my salads, in a wrap, in my oatmeal, just about anything I can come up with. I love it! But the thing I don't love is ALL this Easter candy!!! Help! My girls got so much between the Easter Bunny, and both grandparents that we filled 4 big bowls. I put them "out of sight!" This gave me more motivation to keep the clean foods stocked up so there was no excuses to climb up and dip into the treasure bowls. This is my "egg day" menu:

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal (not instant but old fashion) 5 egg whites
Meal 2: apple with 2 tbsp almond butter
Meal 3: 6 egg whites tossed with spinach, tomatoes and salsa stuffed in 100% whole wheat wrap
Meal 4: 2 Wasa crackers with 1/2 apple sauce and handful of walnuts
Meal 5: Spinach salad topped with 5 oz. salmon, 1/2 cup red beans, red onions, strawberries and apple cidar vinegar for dressing.
Meal 6: 5 egg whites 1/2 apple

16 eggs down, only 32 more to go! Yummy! Let me know what you think. Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the blog!!!! i have recommended it to several people and they love it too! you guys really inspire me so keep up the posts, i look forward to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cali, you are amazing! I can't believe how healthy you eat! Obviously it pays off. Thanks for the great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete