Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cali's crazy day! Chest/Triceps 4.27.10

If you know me at all, you know I love a routine life. But as we all know that some days are just plain crazy! Today was one of those days but I tried my best to keep it together. I couldn't make my regular morning workout so I went later that night. I have a hard time with this because my body wants to wind down and relax after 6pm not get all energized up. It took some great self talk and a fabulous preworkout supplement. Here it goes! Hint: Take it up a notch and try doing it faster than before. I know you can do it! Get that heart rate up and down and you'll feel the difference. Make yourself sweat!

Warm up: Elliptical 10 minutes/setting 15

Do each circuit 3 times!
Circuit 1:
flat bench press 10's on each side 20 reps
tricep dips 20 reps
jumping lunges 30 total
wide leg squats w/40lb bar across upper back
crunches on bench-40 reps
standing calve raises until failure

Circuit 2:
Leg extensions (machine) 50lbs 20 reps then down 30lbs for 10-15 reps
tricep push ups 15 reps (keep your elbows in)
wide push ups (chest) 15 reps
one-legged lunge on bench (no weight) 20 each leg
run in place for 1 minute (last 20 seconds, high knees)
kick outs for abs (on bench, sit on edge and kick legs out and hold in core) 30 reps

Circuit 3:
fly machine 50 lbs 15 reps
triceps pull downs on cables (depends on what one your using for lbs) heavy enough to struggle but light enough to keep form 20 reps
jumping squats 30 reps (jump as high as you can then get as low as you can)
holding 10's in each hand, do oblique crunches, standing, side to side
one legged calve raises, until failure each leg

If this isn't enough get on the bike and crank up the tension to the point your legs are moving slow but your heart rate is sky high! I love this!
Remember: Always, always, always have a water bottle with you when you work out! Replenish your body with fluids is key! Happy sweating!

My new favorite clean eating food: Quinoa (keen-wa) Love it! It is a great carb and has protein to boot! You can substitute it for your morning oatmeal if you are choking down oatmeal...Jaime :) Try it please! You can get a big bag at Costco or at any health food store! 1 cup dry makes 4 cups prepared! Yummy! My kiddies love it too! I'll post some recipes I've used with it this week. Hope you all are doing great!

1 comment:

  1. i will pick up a bag at costco and cure my Fear Factor mornings! lol.

    ReplyDelete