Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Getting To Know Martha

For those of you who don't know us, we thought we could share a little bit about us and who we are!

I am a wife of almost 11 years and have 3 kids ages 9, 6, and 2. I have been a dental assistant for over 11 years and LOVE IT! I am opening a dental assisting school here in St. George soon and I am also competing in my first Figure Competition April 10th....photos coming soon! I have always enjoyed being healthy and active, but have never taken it to this level until after my 3 child. After gaining 50 lbs with him, I knew I wasn't getting any younger and needed to start kicking it up a notch if I wanted to maintain a healthy body/lifestyle. I have found a time each day that works for me where I can go to the gym without it interfering with my family's schedule and time we spend together. It gives me the energy I need to feel good and conquer all the crazy things that come at me with my busy busy life! I am very competitive, but more in the self-mastery sense. So coming to the gym is so rewarding for me because it gives me the chance to see what I'm made of and if I can be better than I was yesterday. So invigorating for me! My husband is very supportive of my fit lifestyle which I feel is a must if you are going to take it to the level that Cali and I have. He's like my little cheerleader always telling me I can do it! I am not certified as a trainer, but it is my goal to become certified sometime this year. This competition alone has taught me so much about nutrition and fitness that I just want to take it to the next level. That's what it's all about ladies, building slowly on what you already have. So your a mom with tons of kids and your busy and can't get off that baby-weight, or you've just never been able to lose that extra 10lbs or you're getting older and time is taking it's toll on your body. Just start from where you are and decide what you can change in your current routine to make time for YOU. It may not be that much time, but start with a little and build from there. I didn't get this dedicated overnight. It's been 2 years to be exact! If you have the desire....you can find the drive! Hope what we have to say will help fuel the fire for you all!

5 comments:

  1. who took your pics? these are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one hot momma! Just look at those legs, you are doing a phenomenal job and I am so sad that I don't get to come to your competition! I will tell Kelly to cheer extra loud for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom told me about this website since she took your pics. Dang Martha i knew you were skinny but i didnt know you were BUFF!! Way to go, you are my instiration to try harder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I'm feelin' the love! Jill, you can totally do this too, although you are TINY so I don't really know what you would be working towards ;)

    Michelle, Barbara Calaway a relative (sort of) that lives here did our photo shoot. She is amazing at photography!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha-- Seriously..look how far you've come soo fast! You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete