Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Martha's Food For The Day

My diet consists of a lot of protein and carbs. I measure most of my food items to make sure I am not cutting myself short or over-eating in one catagory. Like Cali, I pre-cook most of my food so that I can just pull out of the fridge and throw together items to make an easy meal. SO EASY! Cali posted her staples she keeps in her kitchen, what a great idea! So here are my staples as well: Eggs, Adams Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, cinnamon, fresh garlic, onions, oats, green apples, grapefruit, sweet potatoes, chicken, fish (tilapia and salmon are my favs), honey, agave nectar, beans (black, red, chick peas, etc), rice cakes (plain), almonds (plain), salsa to name a few :)
Alright, are you ready for some good food? Here it is!
Breakfast: 5 egg whites with a tsp salsa, 1/2 C oatmeal w/ honey, and a shot of wheat germ oil (about a TBS)
Snack: 1 Green apple w/ TBS Adams Peanut Butter, 1/4 C dry oatmeal w/ 3TBS applesauce w/ cinnamon
Lunch: Protein Pancakes w/ honey
Snack: Celery stalks (3) w/ Adams PB, 4oz sweet potatoes w/ cinnamon
Dinner: 6 oz chicken w/ 1/4 C Red Beans over a HUGE bed of fresh spinach w/ balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dressing
Snack: 1 Grapefruit, 1 rice cake, 12 almonds, 1/4 C bran buds w/ 2TBS applesauce w/ cinnamon
I drank 1 1/2 gallons of water by 9pm. Potty anyone?!
So my chicken, sweet potatoes were already pre-cooked, just had to grab it, measure it and throw it together...EASY CHEESY!

No comments:

Post a Comment