Monday, March 29, 2010

I love Mondays!

Hey it's Cali! That's right, Mondays are the best! It is time to get back in the groove of things and hit the gym with full force. My weekend had a lot of kinks in it that didn't allow me to be as strict with my workouts or eating as I like to be. But that's life and you can't worry about what you didn't do only what you can do. I woke up had my 1/2 cup oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon and 1 TBSP 100% pure pumpkin. I love the flavor but if you don't have any a little honey will do. For my protein I had 5 egg whites with 1 tsp salsa. Today is also my cooking day. I will prepare enough protein, carbs to last me a 2-3 days. I have chicken, salmon, yams, and brown rice. I keep fresh produce stocked up in the fridge that way I'm always prepared. My motto, "If you fail to prepare you prepare to fail." It's all about planning and having the right stuff to eat. Now fueled and ready to start the day. Got the my little one off the school and hit the gym. Today....bicep, back, and legs. Remember, warm up first for at least 10 minutes then hit it hard! Do each circuit 3 times. Try to push your heart rate as high as you can. Rest in between each full circuit for 1-2 minutes. Let's do it!

Circuit 1: pull up machine-20 reps
bicep curls-10lbs-20 reps
standing lunges-10lbs-20 each leg
bent over rows-30lbs-20reps
jumping lunges-30 reps
Circuit 2: incline bicep curl-10lbs-20reps
cable pull down-55lbs-15 reps
crunches on stability ball-until failure
one armed cable bicep curls-15 each arm
no weighted squats-20
jumping squats-20
Circuit 3: seated row (cable) 20 reps
one legged squat(use bench you were just on)-15 each leg w/10lbs
run in place for 60 seconds
calve raises-no weight-until failure
hammer curl-10lbs-20 reps

If you want more, hop on the treadmill and do some sprints. Great way to sculpt those legs and burn some fat. Immediately after my workout I get a protein shake and an apple. We want to fuel our bodies with the right foods after our workouts the see all our hard work pay off. If you are fueling your body with the right foods and enough of them then you should feel the same. Think about this....Lets eat for our next workout instead of working out to get rid of what we ate. Make sense? If not let me know. Happy workouts!
Shout out to Jen who I met a the gym today! Hey girl!

1 comment:

  1. prepared all my meals for 3 days!! wooohooo.. i have never done this. excited to start being "prepared". hope i can stick with it.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete