Thursday, March 25, 2010

Work it out!

Now here comes the fun part: workout! I love it, it's my passion! By the way, I'm Cali. Working out to me is the fun and easy part of having a healthy lifestyle, it's the diet that takes a little more effort and dedication. I love to get 60-90 minutes a day that I can leave everything at the door and get my pump on. When I'm done I get the biggest rush of energy and endorphins that help me to take on whatever the day may bring and be a better mom, wife, and woman. OK, here's how I roll. I am a believer in circuits, circuits and more circuits. I love getting my heart rate so high I can barely breath then slowing it down and then going back for more. I pick 5-6 exercises and do them in a row as fast as I can for 3 sets. I always incorporate legs in my circuits to help get my heart rate up and cardio in at the same time. Lots of plyometrics. I'm not one to get on the treadmill or elliptical and go for 45-60 minutes, drives me nuts! So I lift weights and get my cardio in at the same time. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, love it! Let me give you an example of my workout today. I worked chest, biceps, triceps, hamstrings and glutes. I threw in a little bit of abs and calves also. I know it sounds like a lot but just stick with me. I ALWAYS warm up before any kind of work out. At least 10 minutes on some kind of cardio machine. This allows your body to loosen up and get warm. Take this time also to mentally prepare and go over your workout your about to start. Map it out, get a game plan. Let's do it!

Circuit 1: bench press-20 reps
triceps dips on bench-15 reps
tricep push ups on bench-10reps
standing lunge-20 reps on each leg
crunches on bench-30 reps
stiff legged dead lifts-20 reps

Circuit 2: biceps curls-20 reps
tricep extensions-20reps
jumping squats
push ups-15-20 reps
kick back butt machine-15 reps
calve raises-until failure

Circuit 3: incline bicep curls-15 reps
cable tricep pull downs-15 reps
jumping lunges-30
incline bench press machine-15 reps
jog in place 60 seconds
crunches on stability ball-until failure

In my workouts I use light to moderate heavy weights. I prefer higher reps with lighter weight. I have found this is what works for me. Try it, you may love it! Don't be intimidated by all the different workouts and machines you will be doing. I once had a friend tell me she could never do that because everyone will be staring at her. Newsflash! Everyone is looking at themselves at the gym. No one cares. Just crank up the ipod, put your head down and get sweating! Remember, do each circuit 3 times and rest at the end of each one only to catch your breath. One more thing....water, water, water! Drink it through out your entire workout. I usually drink between 50-70 ounces while at the gym. Happy workout!

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to ask. We are here for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment