Sunday, April 3, 2011

My First Post of the Season!! 4.3.11

I hope everyone has had a wonderful winter and ready now to start a new season of warmth and sunshine! I know I am! I've seen Cali's stack of delicious recipe's and tried a few as well. You all should be very excited, so check in often for her new posts! I have a few to add as well, but I'm focusing more on the new season of BOOTCAMP. I'm hoping for a successful summer of fun and huge progress for anyone that comes.

I found this recipe in Good Housekeeping recently and just tried it last night. YUMMY!!!!

Greek Chicken Pitas:
1C Greek Yogurt (I used the flavored kind...vanilla honey or strawberry honey are good)
2TBS fresh mint and dill leaves, chopped
3/4tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
salt
2TBS fresh lemon juice (I used bottled)
4tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4tsp dried oregano
1lb. chicken-breast tenders
1/2 cucumber
1 large tomato
4 whole wheat pita pockets

1: In small bowl, combine yogurt, mint, dill, 1/4tsp cumin, 1/3 of the garlic and 1/4 tsp salt...set aside.

2: In pie plae, combine 1TBS lemon juice, 3tsp olive oil, oregano, 1/4tsp salt, remaining 1/2tsp cumin and half of remaining garlic. Add chicken, turning to coat. Let stand. Prepare grill pan on medium/high heat, at a little olive oil.

3: Place chicken in pan and cook 10-12min or until no longer pink in center, turning once.

4: Meanwhile, cut cucumber and tomato into chinks; toss, in bowl, with 1/8tsp salt and remaining lemon juice, oil, and garlic.

5: Transfer chicken to serving plates. Heat up pitas in microwave or in grill pan. Fill pitas with yogurt sauce, cucumber mixture and chicken.

Nutrition:
330 calories, 33g protein, 31g carbs, 9g fat, 5g fiber, 63mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment