Monday, April 11, 2011

The Best Muffins EVER! 4-11-10

My mother-in-law is a health nut and I mean that as a compliment. She is always giving me great ideas and recipes she has found and now I can share this fabulous one with you. She lives up North so when she came to visit last time she brought these muffins and I fell in love with them. This recipe makes 12 muffins and if you don't want to eat them all in a couple days (even though you'll want to) then go ahead and freeze them so you won't waste any. I freeze all my baked goods and it doesn't taste any different once it has thawed out, I promise. And again, feel free to modify the recipe to what you have or what you like.

The Best Muffins EVER!

1 1/2 c. wheat flour
3/4 c. oat bran/wheat bran
1 c. brown sugar, honey or agave
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c carrots shredded
2 apples shredded
1/2 c raisins
1 c. nuts chopped (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
3/4 c. almond milk
3/4 c. ground flax seed
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients, stir in carrots, apples, raisins and nuts. Combine milk, eggs beaten, flax and vanilla. Grease muffin pan, bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

P.S. I know I've been posting a lot of "baked yummy goods" lately. (I must be in real need of some comfort food..?) I'm going to be posting lots of meal dishes and ideas for snacks so keep in touch and let me know what you think. I love the request that Katie gave for a side veggie dish, so please follow her example if there is something you want to see. Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. these sound delish. might try them out but modify the raisins to dried cranberries, as it suits my taste buds a little more but still retains it's moisture-adding abilities to the muffins :)

    ReplyDelete