Thursday, August 19, 2010

Workouts In a Little More Detail...

Alright, so here is a general breakdown of my Plyometric workouts.

It will generally look something like this:

3-5min warmup on a bike
I will then do circuit training of about 2-3 exercises per circuit. I will always do my circuits 3 times through.
So say one circuit is:
11 Box Jumps
50 quick step ups
75-100 Air Squats
I will do this 3 times with very little breaks. I generally only break to catch my breath and get a drink so I don't pass out...LOL I am trying to keep my heartrate up the entire hour to one and a half hours.

Another circuit could be:
16 Plie Lunges with a Hop
13 Burpees
9 Rollups with a Hop
I'll do this 3x's as well.

Notice how my reps are always an inconsistent number? That creates muscle confusion and I LOVE it! You can get a deck of face cards and create your own reps that way. What you would do is flip over 3 cards and add up the numbers. That will be the amount you will have to crank out for that particular exercise. For example if I was doing squats and flipped over a King, a 2 of Hearts and a Jack, that would mean I am doing 22reps of Squats (Because a King and Jack are each worth 10 and 2 of Hearts is worth it's face value...make sense?).

I will post photos on this entry tomorrow as I have time. Maybe that can give you a better idea of what some of these exercises look like.
Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think! It's pretty intense, I'm not gonna lie. An hour and a half of plyometrics is pretty insane....but so am I so I really enjoy it! :) Happy Sweating!
~Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment