Friday, August 20, 2010

Oat Pizza 8.20.10


I had this pizza for lunch today and it took me all of about 15min from start to finish. Here is the recipe...

Oat Pizza

Preheat oven 350 degrees
1/2 C Oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground flaxseed
4 oz extra-lean ground turkey

Mix these ingredients with your hands until wet.
Flatten this oatmeal dough into a disc shape onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5minutes, flip over and bake for 5 more minutes.

While baking...Combine in a bowl:
1 C chopped fresh spinach leaves
1/4 C unsalted tomato paste
1/4 C low-fat cottage cheese (I used feta cheese since I was out of the other kind)
2 TBS onion, chopped (I may have done a little more)
2 TBS chopped pepper (any color)
1/4 C sliced mushrooms (I used canned ones)

Spread this mixture on top of the oatmeal cake. Bake until cheese melts.

How easy is that? SO yummy too!

Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 360, Total Fats: 5g, Sat Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 450mg, Total Carbs: 47g, Dietary Fiber: 8g, Sugars: 13g, Protein: 45g, Iron: 4mg

Enjoy!
~Martha

2 comments:

  1. Sounds kinda scary--but I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not scary...DELICIOUS!
    The ingredients are kinda weird, but it is surprisingly so good together!

    ReplyDelete