Saturday, August 14, 2010

My New Training Schedule

As a lot of you know, I have decided to compete again in another figure competition. So my workouts have changed a smidge and I am LOVING it! I was just starting to feel like my workouts needed a change anyway, so this was perfect timing for me! Here is what I look at every morning to tell me what to focus on for the day.

Monday:
Plyo-Metrics

Tues:
Full Upper Body

Wed:
Plyo-Metrics

Thurs:
Full Lower Body

Fri:
Plyo-Metrics

Sat:
Full Body Workout

Now if you are trying to lose some poundage, it is wise to do cardio within 8-10 hours of your heavy lifting days. I will probably do this 2 days a week for a few weeks and see if it is really necessary. My body-type might be fine with just sticking with the schedule I have written out above. Tweeking things is always a good idea until you find what works best for your body-type. Anyway, that's my plan for the next 2 months! Wish me luck!
~Martha

4 comments:

  1. You will rock it as usual! good luck! I like your new schedule...I might try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Martha!1 You will do great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOw long are your workouts for plyometric's? Do you have a link to a video on how to do them?

    When you lift weights do you do 3 different weights for each muscle at 8 to 15 reps each?

    I need to know how you got your awesome cut figure!
    Meredith Salisbury

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post a blog about my daily workouts in more detail. They have been a lot of fun so far! I would love to share! Also, Meredith...I found a better chocolate chip cookie recipe in this month's issue of Oxygen. I'll post it with the breakdown of calories, carbs, protein, etc.... You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete