Thursday, July 15, 2010

Some Carbs You Might Enjoy 7.15.10







These are some of my carbs I enjoy when I don't have time to prepare oatmeal, sweet potatoes or other things like that. I'm not 100% positive there isn't another whole wheat tortilla out there that isn't better than these Mission Brand ones. I just quickly grabbed the first ones that didn't have anything processed in them. You would be surprised at some of the ingredients in these foods they advertise as "healthy" if you take the time to look! Next is my sandwich thins. There are several types you can buy, like multi-grain, honey wheat, etc. But I believe the 100% whole wheat ones are the best for you after you compare the ingredients. Next I have 2 types of Wasa Crackers. Some are more crunchy than others, but I love them all! You can have them with cottage cheese, peanut butter, bananas, etc to make a healthy snack! Lastly is a random item I decided to add. It's your green tea. Green Tea has been proven to have lots of healthy benefits and is a great antioxidant.

I hope everyone knows I didn't switch to all these new foods right away. I started small, a little here, a little there. As I got more and more used to different foods, I would try something else new. I don't like everything, but these are some of the things I do enjoy. I hope you are able to use this a guide to get you started in the right direction and give yourself time to try some a little at a time. Until next time ladies!
-Martha

1 comment:

  1. Thanks ladies for the great ideas!!! Love your blog with all the recipes to try out!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete