Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Few Photos of My Favorite Foods 7.15.10

I've decided I need to post more pictures. I get comments at my bootcamp class that they are scared to buy these new types of foods because they have no idea what they are, what they look like, how to find it, or how to use it. So I have a list of my favorite foods here that will really help boost your metabolism and get your body working for you instead of against you! A lot of these foods have been talked about in our previous entries, so at least now you know what they look like!
This is Quinoa (Keen-Wa). It is a carb that you can use in place of white rice. It is better for you than brown rice and tastes better too! I found this at Costco, but Harmons and Wal-Mart and health food grocers sell it too. Sometimes it comes in a box. Be careful with prices though. I found the natural grocer and Costco were the cheapest.
This popcorn is a great replacement of your Movie Theatre Extra Butter Popcorn you USED to buy! My kids love it better than the old stuff and my father-in-law, who is a HUGE popcorn fan, has also switched after trying this out.... It makes a great snack when you have the munchies. I get this at Wal-Mart.
This is Quinoa I found in the form of spagetti noodles! My daughter says it tastes better than regular noodles, now that should tell you something! I will cook up a box of this, make some spagetti sauce and add my turkey muffins to the sauce for a great source of protein without my kids knowing it's good for you! I buy this at Harmons. You can check the health food grocer, I just haven't checked there yet.

I have to run, but I have a lot more to share. I will post more as I have time!!!
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment