Thursday, May 6, 2010

Martha's Food For The Day 5.6.10

Well, today was crazy. Worked out at 6am this morning, worked all day at the dental office, then did a training session at the football field today for some ladies that want a little extra push. And for those of you that were there, I think you would all agree you may have gotten a little more than a push! I like to get people to their limits, then go a little beyond what they think they are capable of. I feel like it empowers them and they see results a lot faster if they are dedicated and stick with the routines. This will be a great summer for those of you that stick with this! Great job to all of you....Jamie, Angie, Regan, Joelle, Renae, and Corrine are officially women of STEAL! Can't wait to see you again on the fields on Tuesday!

So here is the food I had today. Most of it was prepared the night before because of my crazy morning schedule with working out and needing to get to work right after my workout.
Breakfast: green pepper, mozzarella cheese omlette with 5 egg whites and 2 slices of turkey bacon
Snack: Green apple with 1TBS Simply More Peanut Butter
Lunch: Shrimp Tacos
Snack: Rice cake and 12 almonds with protein shake
Ate something an hour before my Boot Camp Class which was an almond butter and honey sandwich on "sandwich thins" bread. Had some NO Shotgun just before the class.
Dinner: Peppered Steak strips with mozzarella and 1/4 C Quinoa in a "FlatOut" tortilla wrap.
Desert: 2 Strawberries with 1 square of dark chocolate...YUMMY!
1 Gallon of water finished by bedtime

Alright ladies...I know you can do this! Buy the right foods and get serious about this cause Summertime is knockin' at your door! :) Hope these ideas help with what you should eat! Enjoy!
-Martha

2 comments:

  1. is there a protein that you gals recomend? one that dosen't leave you feeling bloated and one that isn't so hard to choke down! some are just down right nasty tasting!! thanks ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had issues with bloating as well. I do know that part of my reason for feeling this way was the protein I was drinking. Protein that contains Casein (a type of whey) can cause bloating. It is a slow-digesting protein and can bunch up in your belly and cause gas, bloating and sometimes discomfort in your abdomen. If you are taking Casein, be sure to only take it at night before bed so your body can digest it the correct way. I use Dymatize ISO-100 vanilla flavor. It does not contain casein and has been a lot better for me lately. I drink it with just water most of the time and I think it tastes delicious!!! Hope that helps!
    -Martha

    ReplyDelete