Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Best Protein Pancakes EVER!!! 6-14-11

Cali here...are you ready for my new favorite thing? I love, love, love these filling delicious pancakes because they taste like the real thing!! So long story short...I was reading to Dukan diet and tried it for 5 days (all you eat is protein) it was tough but if you know me at all I love to experiment with new ideas and see how my body reacts. Anyways there is a little thing called the Gallette that you eat once a day to keep your fiber intake up and it contains Oat Bran. So last week I was in the mood for protein pancakes and I usually make them with Old Fashioned Oats but I substituted the Oat Bran instead and...WOW! So fluffy and nice and yummy! I just had to share this one with you so please try it and tell me what you think. I got my Oat Bran cheapest from a health food store, just over a dollar a pound. I also found some Sugar-Free and Calorie-Free Syrup at Harmon's to top them with. It seriously feels like the biggest cheat meal ever! Hope you love it too!

Serves 1: Makes 4 pancakes

1/3 cup Oat Bran
5 egg whites
2 TBSP powdered peanut butter (available @ netrition.com)
1 TBSP Splenda or Stevia
1-2 TBSP water

Whip egg whites until bubbly. Add sugar, water and Oat Bran. Heat Skillet on medium heat. Cook on each side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.

(I found the longer I let the mixture set before I actually cook it, it makes it super fluffy, due to the Oat Bran expanding.)

This meal is super clean and keeps you feeling full. I like to add a little bit of Natural Peanut Butter on top for some healthy fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment