Saturday, June 18, 2011

Add some FATS for a flatter tummy! 6-18-11

Cali speaking...So I recently picked up the Abs Issue that Oxygen magazine put out and it had so much information that I wanted to share with you. It hit a lot on adding healthly fats into your diet to help flatten your tummy and tighten those abs that we all want. It recommends getting 30% of your daily calories from fat. I have been doing this and I have to admit I'm hooked. Not only for the results I've gotten but for how amazing I feel from eating them daily. They are my brain food. I seriously am more focused (I know it's sounds crazy) and I'm so satisified. Here is how I have been incorporating them into my daily diet.

-handful of walnuts in my morning oats
-1/4 avacado with my postworkout meal and dinner
-23 almonds for a snack


I love this because it's been very simple to tweak my diet and it has left me feeling fuller for longer and more energized. I challenge you to add these fats into your diet. You won't regret it.

I've also added 1/2 cup black beans daily for extra fiber and this has also help with keeping me fuller for longer. Hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

  1. black beans are a great source of magnesium which a lot of women lack during pregnancy and can contribute to those awesome leg cramps... just one more reason to eat more beans :)

    ReplyDelete