Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chicken Florentine -CALI 9-26-10

Love, Love, Love this! I really wish I would have taken a picture of this yummy dish but I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. It hit the spot for us! If you love Italian food, try this!

Ready in 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings

1 tsp olive oil
4-4oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
14 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried basil or 1 Tbsp fresh basil
10 oz fresh spinach
2 tbsp finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on each side, approximately six minutes.

2. Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomatoes, oregano and basil; place spinach on top of the chicken and cover tightly.

3. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15 more minutes. Serve topped with a little Parmesan cheese.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 186, Total Fats 4g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 67mg, Sodium 336mg, Carbs, 9g Fiber, 2g Sugars 0g Protein 30g, Iron 3mg

You can add some more carbs to the dish to make it complete. Try quinoa, brown rice, side of veggies, 100% whole wheat baguette - the possibilities are endless. This dish is super easy too! I love anything that has to simmer for a period of time so I don't feel like I'm slaving making dinner. Enjoy and let me know what you think. Happy cooking & eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment