Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies -Cali 10/27/10

I found this yummy recipe in the November issue of Oxygen. There are so many more great ones in this issue, perfect to get ready for the holidays. I also got the "Off the Couch" collector's issue from Oxygen and it also has a lot of new recipes. I really can't live without my Oxygen! That's how it all started. If you've never bought one please mark my word, you won't regret it! Happy cookies girls!

Makes 24 cookies

1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well
3/4 cup Sucanat
1 large egg
1/2 baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), broken into small pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, stir together first five ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.

2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for five minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.

Nutrients per cookie:
Calories 110, Total Fat; 8g, Sat Fat 1.5g, Carbs 10g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g, Protein 2g, Sodium 55mg, Cholesterol 10mg

2 comments:

  1. I have all the ingredients to this recipe except the Sucanat. What is it and where can I buy some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucanat is your brown sugar. You can find it at health food stores or Harmons in the health food section by the sugars. It looks just like brown sugar. You can see a picture of it in the post I did of a lot of the foods I keep in my kitchen.... Hope that helped!
    -Martha

    ReplyDelete